Author Post
macavelli
Mon Nov 17 2008, 12:45PM
Registered Member #28
Hi fellas,

So three things lads.

1. Whens Radiant out for COD WAW?

and

2. Anyone got any ideas of how this is going to work with the zombie map? In other words how is the wooden panels going to work on the windows? How are we going to buy the couches to move them from stairs etc?

You think Treyarch wiki will have all that? Hope so! Im going to get mapping straight away!!

3. Is the Zombie AI going to know where to enter? Or will waypoints be needed in order to set this up?
Scorp
Mon Nov 17 2008, 12:51PM
Registered Member #2
Hi m8. The COD5 mod tools were ment to of been released but didnt happen! But i've heard they are ment to be released this week.

Also I dont have a clue how it will work, probably scripting... The Treyarch CoD5 mapping wiki will have tutorials for CoD5 zombie mapping

I suspect (But not sure) you add spawns for where they start with way points covering the map in the relevent places to go...

It will be interesting to see how it is gonna work but never the less it should be good

Nice to see you wanna get mapping for it! Post your map idea's
macavelli
Mon Nov 17 2008, 02:19PM
Registered Member #28
Working on something as we speak but need to work out the waypoints etc. Want to do like a three level military feel. I dont really want to filter zombies down just one alley, i think that will be too boring. I think for the first room you have to filter it for 5 windows. I think its also good to maybe have a balcony area. but the balcony area im going to make unlockable, with only one window for zombie entrance. therefore if you want someone up there, the have to sacrifice another person to protect him.

Its going to need alot of planning i think!
Relentless
Fri Nov 21 2008, 03:22PM
Registered Member #45
Just a quick question. Because i dont have cod5 i cant use the mod tools for it yet. am i able to import prefabs from cod4 mod tools into the cod5 ones? cause then i could just import the whole map i made as a prefab in Caulk and then texture it. Any idea if you can?
Scorp
Fri Nov 21 2008, 03:39PM
Registered Member #2
All i know is that I tried it from CoD2 to CoD4 but it didnt work. Maybe it will, not sure m8.
Relentless
Fri Nov 21 2008, 04:54PM
Registered Member #45
cod4 was a completely new engine though as far as i am aware. hope it works cause im going to work on my map now.
newgenpirate
Fri Nov 21 2008, 06:23PM
Registered Member #17
nice
IcePoP3k
Fri Nov 21 2008, 07:00PM
Registered Member #21
Hi, just started tinkering with codWW radiant and immediately I am having doubts. The setup includes converting files but there is always an error on the end (wiki.tryarch.com say this is normal).

As well as a few crashed in the radiant itself I cant seem to create a single player spawn point!

When i do and i devmap to test it I am just floating around and cannot spawn (its like it spawns a spectator - not the actual player)

Am I just being dumb here? Is there an easy fix?

Oh btw can do mp ones ok using the dm_spawn but still SP is acting up!!
smithster
Fri Nov 21 2008, 09:53PM
smithster

Registered Member #1
hmmm, nice heads up on the radiant errors so far, but at this stage, most are wanting to get maps out for either multiplayer servers, or for the bonus zombie round, I'm wondering though, do we need to be using single player spawns for that type of map or do we use multiplayer spawns? I know zombie tutorials are waiting to be released at TreyArch's site. Not sure when though. Oh and Scorp tells me the doors and windows are made as prefabs which is cool

[ Edited Fri Nov 21 2008, 09:54PM ]
IcePoP3k
Sat Nov 22 2008, 12:12AM
Registered Member #21
Yeah well seeming as zombie mode is using the single player mode im not sure whether or not it needs dm_spawns or player_starts. So far my player starts haven't been working...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF