USER:
PASS:

Forums
Call of Duty World at War Zombies :: Forums :: Zombie Discussion :: Zombie Map Progression

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Zombie map: mp_Nightfall by unpk| Leviathan
Moderators: smithster, dcslim
Author Post
Leviathan
Wed Nov 19 2008, 12:44PM
Registered Member #38
Hey everyone. I'm with unpk just like Macavelli, and here's my design for a zombie map: its a church btw

I'll explain the map abit first. the overall picture should be clear. but i'll explain the square on the right. its a tower. you can see 2 staircases on the top and bottem right of the map. these will lead to a platform from wich the stairs to the top of the tower will start. underneath this platform (wich is effectively on the second level of the church) is a tunnel through wich the zombies can reach the wall wich they can tear down. on the left you can see 3 windows arranged in a half circle. the map should be scripted so that most zombies will enter through either those 3 windows or the wall. The sniper (the PTRS-1) is bought in the room with the staircase that goes to the top of the tower. not in the tower itself. cuz i want it to become abit hectic when the sniper runs out of ammo.

Because that brings me to the general idea of this map. I wanted to make a map that will force people into working together. and i want people to put a sniper up in the tower so he can tell the others from wich way most zombies are coming. And there's another reason why people should rly work together on this map: if the MG fails to keep the zombies out then the sniper will be effectively cut off from the rest. If the guys on the left fail then the MG and the guy in the bottem will get killed in the back. and if the sniper fails to report where most zombies are coming from or to shoot them. then everyone dies.

I also want to encourage players to send a guy up in the tower because you can buy a PTRS-1 in the small room and the random weapon crate is also in there. this will also mean that players will only be able to get a random weapon in between rounds. as there is a significant distance between the spots they are covering. and the weapons crate.

the small box in the room in the small room above the tunnel is ofc the random weapons crate.

macavelli
Wed Nov 19 2008, 01:19PM
Registered Member #28
I think this will be wicked! Iv seen some of the prefabs and everything for the modding and it has a wide selection of stuff on offer to make this possible. It will be a great map, and finally a map you can use for SNIPING!!
Schilli
Wed Nov 19 2008, 01:44PM
Registered Member #15
I wanna buy stg.44 and another thing good idea with deploying places for the mg. Please make it night like in the original.
macavelli
Wed Nov 19 2008, 01:48PM
Registered Member #28
I think most of them will be to be honest.
Scorp
Wed Nov 19 2008, 03:21PM
Registered Member #2
have to say m8 I think this is a great idea, especially with the teamwork and the sniper at risk from being cut off if the other part of the team don't work together like a chain reaction. Please post some screenies of it while in development!
centzor
Thu Nov 20 2008, 06:55PM
Registered Member #9
that will be good map
Relentless
Thu Nov 20 2008, 10:37PM
Registered Member #45
Will be a fun map! now get on to making it. But i guess you need to learn how to use the tools first lev!!
newgenpirate
Sun Nov 23 2008, 09:07PM
Registered Member #17
Is there any way to make it so people could buy a a blocker for an entrance like the couch in the stair case you can take it off the stair but it be cool if you could buy something to re block if you want like buy some bars for windows or something but make them like 5000 points that be really cool

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Member

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF